We need to perform decommissioning of a managed system if
1. The managed system itself has been decommissioned or
2. The managed system is not required to be monitored in the Focused Run system anymore.
Case 1: Managed System is Decommissioned
Step 1: The first step of decommissioning would be to disconnect the Simple Diagnostic Agent from the Focused Run system. For this you can directly uninstall the Host Agent.
You can uninstall by running the following command at OS level
- UNIX, IBM i: ./saphostexec -uninstall
- Windows: saphostexec.exe -uninstall
Step 2: Deactivate all monitoring for managed system in Focused Run system
For this in transaction SA38 execute report RSRSM_SSI_CLEANUP
- Select a Customer Network
- Go to the Cleanup Technical System tab
- Select a Technical System
- Select the option to Cleanup unused hosts
- Press Delete Selected Objects
Case 2: Managed System is not required to be monitored in the Focused Run System
Step 1: You have to ensure the managed system is no more sending landscape data to the Focused Run system. For this disable all SLD data suppliers for the technical system. (In case of ABAP systems its in transaction RZ70 and in case of Java systems its the Data Supplier settings in the NWA.)
Step 2: Disable outside discovery for all hosts of the technical system by executing the following command.
- UNIX, IBM i: ./saphostctrl -function ConfigureOutsideDiscovery -disable
- Windows: saphostctrl.exe -function ConfigureOutsideDiscovery -disable
Step 3: Execute the decommissioning report RSRSM_SSI_CLEANUP as mentioned in step 2 of case 1.
For further details you can refer to SAP documentation here.
In addition to the above two cases, you might need to decommission system if the system is being migrated or upgraded to a different or higher version. For example migrating a standard ECC system to S4HANA. Instead of adjusting the monitoring of existing system, you decommission the system and then reconnect the system to Focused Run system. In our future blog we will explain how to decommission in such cases.