SAP Focused Run alert management function can send out mails to alert to mail addresses (see this blog).
SAP Focused Run can also call an outbound integration to a ITIL tool like ServiceNow. This can help to speed up incident creation.
Questions that will be answered in this blog are:
- How does the high level integration between SAP Focused Run and ServiceNow look like?
- Where can I find information on the to-be-implemented ABAP BADI?
- How can I send an alert directly to ServiceNow from the Alert management detailed page?
- How can I automate in template settings to send an alert via outbound integration towards ServiceNow?
Setting up the integration
For setting up the integration to ServiceNow the AEM third party consumer connection BADI must be implemented. The full manual for the BADI itself can be found on the SAP Focused Run Expert portal.
The documents describes the BADI in generic way.
To call ServiceNow you have to use one of the following 2 integration methods:
- Call webservice: in this case you import the WSDL from ServiceNow and generate the proxy and execute the SOAMANAGER settings to logon to ServiceNow. You need ABAP code in the BADI to call the proxy. See this blog for generic use of setting up webservice consumption in ABAP stack. Available webservices for ServiceNow can be found on the ServiceNow page.
- Call the ServiceNow midserver: in this case you call a REST interface. In this case you need to setup a HTTP RFC connection to the midserver. ABAP code in the BADI is needed to make the REST call. See this blog for generic use of REST call in ABAP stack. REST API references from ServiceNow can be found on the ServiceNow page.
In a future blog we will explain the ABAP code to put inside the BAPI.
From alert trigger integration
If you are inside an alert, you can trigger the alert reaction:
Then select the reaction to forward to ServiceNow:
Within few seconds the alert in ServiceNow is created:
Alert reaction automation in template settings
The alert reaction to ServiceNow can also be automated as Outbound Integration. If you are in template maintenance mode, switch to Expert mode.
In the alerts tab now configure the alert type for Forward to and Outbound Connector:
Assign the correct variant.
If you click on the variant you go to the variant configuration screen:
Then select the outbound integration name to see the details:
Important here is the where used list, which shows you from which templates and template elements the connector is called.
Whenever the alert is raised, also the outbound integration connector to ServiceNow is called.